Thursday, August 30, 2007

International lunch menu on Wednesday

We made b.b.Q Beef Stewed with Grape juice. (We don't use wine in Brunei). I was not happy with the quality of this sparkling grape juice. I had to add extra pure Grape juice and had it reduced. The Beef cubes was then marinade for one day.
No, It's NOT Red Wine. Bought it at Hua Ho. :)

Guess what, We didn't have a name for this dish. In the end, we just called it UBD Beef Stew with Asparagus Specials. hahaha
Morrocan Chicken Tagine. This dish is just great. I envy how the morrocan like to add fruits to thier dish. This dish has it's fruity flavour extract from an apricot. I also could add prunes or dates. This dish wouldn't be the winning dish if i had chicken korma next to it. It just has less fats as it's seared then stewed on a very low heat with no creams or any fattening agent to it. I used chicken fats of it's own.


Yesterday was so hot. There came the devil in me. Chef Mujib made some yoghurt the day before. I coudn't resist it that i had one of the waiter to get me come cup and filled it with ice. I had 3 tables spoon of sugar syrup, fresh yoghurt, sqeezed lemon. What do you think I had?

FRESH HOME MADE LASSI! Love it..

No comments: