Friday, August 17, 2007

so it's Friday

Im still at home just relaxing and compiling my pictures. Busy day towards the weekend. There are some new dish added to our menu.

'Pulut otak-otak' (Stuffed Glutinous rice with minced fish). The word otak otak comes from one of many singapore malay delicacies. A minced Fish marinated with spices and coconut milk where it is then filled in coconut leaves. To cook this is to Chargrilled it. I would be lying if I told you we did the whole traditional whole process. We baked the fish instead, still it has depth in flavour but missing the Char Aroma.

We made Beef pattie yesterday. Quite hard work to mould and then pan fry to seal it then finish it on a flaming grill. One thing that ive got to say, you can't beat a homemade burgers. Since i started making them, I hardly buy any frozen manufactured burgers for myself. For sure homemade is 100% Meat and no extra excess fats or ofal being minced into it because you are the ones who minced it haha. So you are what you eat.

This was the day when i was having my day off in London. I came across a caribbean restaurant and it's halal. I had always wanted to try Jerk chicken. Often we heard the word 'YOU JERK' especially when a guy didnt treat thier girlfriend right. I guess we guys are jerk for Chicken. I tell you, sooooo nyaman and so Jerky. It's basically marinated tangy bbq-like sauce on a barbe' (bbq).

The way to enjoy your jerk chicken is to use you fingers and lick it good! Scrumptious and what Chef cooper like to say "ORgasmic!"

I'm Looking forward to this event. Our Company is providing the food. It will be an exciting day for me and the brigade. i'm honoured to cook for this people and what makes it great is that a good friend of mine will be joining my team to prepare 8 course dishes. More on that later...

Enjoy Friday

Pol'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have a great blog here. The quality of your cooking looks top-notch! Are you now based in Brunei or are you back in the UK already? Would love to find out where I can try out the Pulut Otak-Otak plus of course the rest of your cooking!

Chef Pol said...

hi che
Im based in Brunei. Thanks for your comment. I don't run a restaurant. I cook for university students with my brigade. It gives me a lot of oppotunity to promote my food. I let u know oneday if pulut otak otak gets popular. It's still on trial. It's very encouraging. Thanks again..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your response. Yes, please do let me know when your food will be available to the public - look forward to it. In the meantime, good luck with everything!