Friday, June 29, 2007

Back to civilisation...

It's good to be back home. Time flies so fast. Nothing so new about Brunei but a few brand new shophouses around Kiulap. I managed to surprise my mom, then that's it. The highlights of my touchdown in Brunei. I'm a bit sad, with so limited ingredients I just don't know how much i can do with. I'm pretty sure there will be an outcome with lots of experiments and commitment. At the moment I think it's best to take one step back and climatise myself and to start believing that I'm back for good (civilisation :P). Still feeling jetlag aiyooo.

Today was great, I visited our humble kitchen, saying hello to almost everyone and in fact I couldn't wait to start working again. I miss my daily life in the kitchen. So does anyone knows how to make chicken Kiev?


Here goes....

What is chicken kiev? Kiev is a place in Russia. It's quite similar to chicken Schnitzel but with butter fillings (parsley and garlic). To my fellow Bruneian food lover, don't get confuse with it's name. It's basically Chicken fillet with bread crumbs filled with seasoned butter. thats all. I certainly wouldn't call it Chicken Kiev on my menu. It has got to be something like Stuffed seasoned butter with Chicken coated with breadcrumbs. If thats too long, to make customers understand more you could call it Crispy chicken with garlic butter. So please do try this at home.
Firstly of course, You will need a chicken.
Then take the rolled seasoned butter and place it on the centre
sUse salt around the edge in order to let it stick together to prevent the butter to ozzz out. chicken has protein and it react with salt.
then you PANE Anglase. To coat the chicken with breadcrumbs and flour
You then Egg wash them and pane again for the final stages before you deep frying them.
You can always tap away the excess flour.
Thats ready to be fry.... yummyyyyyyyyy

And there you have chicken Keiv.

As you can see on the last picture, the probe registers at 87 degrees celcius. Well, thats just way too overcooked and you wouldn't want that, Cooking chicken should about 72 degrees celcius and off the heat. Once you cut the middle, you can smell and see that butter oozing out. Beautiful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abang!! You're back! Yay! Hehe How are u? I hope to see u soon yes? *hugss*

Chef Pol said...

Im good.. Glad to hear from you. I'll see u soon...Hugs!