Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cendol...

Cendol made from rice flour, screwpine leaves extract and cornflour. Cendol is our local dessert. Often you find them on sell during the fasting month of Ramadhan.
I learnt how to make cendol. It's almost the same method like making spatzle. Not bad. I did ok.
Look at the droppings.
traditionaly Cendol should be about an inch long. I just made mine like long worms. the final bit is to fill it up with coconut milk and palm Sugar. Enjoy once chill.
Our Local grown dragon fruit.
It's so purple. Its taste is quite pungent and juicy. becareful when eating it, you don't want purple stain on your shirt. Nice fruit

2 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

Wow! That dragon fruit is beautiful! The one I had here in the states was white with black flecks inside. I have to admit the flavor did not impress me but the look of the dragon fruit is spectacular!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Chef Pol said...

Hi jenndz,
Nice of you to dropped by. Dragon fruit beautiful and you are right the flavour isn't as impressive as it looks. With the purple ones, a drop of it's juice can stained your clothes. I always have it chill.

Thanks for having me at foodie blogroll.