Monday, February 05, 2007

Food is more than art, it's driven mentally.

Lets get smokeyyyyyyyy....

Sous-vide the chicken breast for 1 hour...

En place just before its ready to be smoke. I made a thread swirl to give it aspiral shape. As you can see, I used tarragon, star anise and white sugar. After experimenting four times with different types of herbs, I finally found the stuff that's suitable and it didn't give a bitter taste.

It's smoking already....

Let smokey caramel coat the meat.

Look at that, Nicely coated smoky colour. With sous-vide method, the juice is retained and is not dry. Full of chicken flavour.

That will be the end result.

Smoked Chicken with Potato lyonaise and shredded leek crips with beetroot puree.

--------------------------------------------------

Sugar
It's a hassle and annoying. lots of patience needed.
BRIOCHE maple pudding.
It took me ages just to get that caramel on hazelnut to look like that. Im no pastry chef. Bought a brioche and with some leftover i made myself Brioche maple pudding. I got inspired from french cook book some times ago. Classy!

----------------------------------------------------

Pate' Savarin (savarin Paste)


then it turn into this...

Savarin of manggo, coconut tuiles and curry leaf sabayon.
Truly Gorgeous. I dont own savarin mould so i used souffle remekin instead.
-------------------------------------------------


As i was craving Halal Mcdonald Big Mac, I indulge myself making my own patty.


Look at that, hand cut chips with paprika and herbs. Fresh Lettuce and mayo-gherkin-onion-ketchup sauce. a lil bit of Hollandaise.
Fat burger.

Nyamannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... with a spalsh of tasbasco sauce.

Mustanir proudly taking a photo of his bread.

What a weekend. Fun

Mustanir actually inspire me to have a go at making savarin after my 1st attempt failed. Also, Thanks to Chef Cooper for the tips.

No comments: