Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Healthy italian

Quick sauce called PESTO. Rich in texture of green basil. You can use any types of pasta. A quick 2 minutes dish surely will impress your guest. Love it. all you need for your fresh pesto are:

toasted Pine nuts. (Best toast in a wok without any oil until lightly brown)


Fresh Basil leaves.


Parmigiana {Parmesan}. Blitz them all at once. with Some Garlic!!

A little bit extravagant here, Black Truffles. A unique fungus that grows below ground with pungent smell dan garlicky flavour. It is well used by great chefs and you can find them serve mostly in big restaurants and definitely michelin starred restaurants. It is rare and grow by itself. The one thing is in fact it's undesirable appearrance. Pooo :)

The word Truffle in my country would be 'Chocolate truffles'. You know, chocolate truffles :). I guess we were never told where the word 'truffle' actually comes from. A fresh truffle will still has its flavour and aroma. If you happen to order one from a restaurant and its tasteless, Return it back and ask for really Fresh truffles.

Pesto Pasta with black truffle.
MANJARI.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pesto is my favvvvvvvvvvorite favorite favorite italian dish ever ever ever! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE basil to death!

Anyway, wahseh truffle hey? Sini nada tu. Fancyyyy~

Chef Pol said...

Pesto is simple and full of flavour. The ready made ones from the supermarket doesnt really work well for me. But i tell you. Pine nuts r quite costly n i hvnt got any substitution yet.
Yea, truffles are very rare and very expensive. I wouldnt dream putting that on my menu. unless the sultan wants me to. It's real truffles.

Basil is good for fish too and salas dressing. try growing it.

Anonymous said...

Hehe. I find the earthy flavour quite strong and can only tolerate it with some sort of a creamy sauce. But still, unique.

Pesto is really easy to make, I cannot justify buying from the supermarket! Haha. h