Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My few many attempt on "Sweets".

  • Here are few of my sweets collection. I won't retract what i wrote in my profile above. As much as I resent being pastry Chef. Learning and to be able to create from basic is okay. An all rounder chef is vital.
  • It is always nice to be move around section than sticking to just one section. I certainly would not prefer myself to be working on one section and doing the same thing for years and years. This could result an 'opportunist' chef (be it local or foreign) to bypass you, and that is just your lost really.
  • I think every young trainee chef should be given the chance to cook or be in the kitchen larder (Butcher) or mise en place (food preperation) rather than being abused to wash dirty plates on thier part of trainning.
  • This young trainee expect to be learning anything related to cooking.
  • This is the reason why we lack local young Chefs but dont get me wrong, we do have many of... Potentials. Unfortunately, potential counts nothing in the real world.
  • So, kau, kau, you and you, you, yes... you.. oii.. you... oii orang baru.. oii chef baru belajar... Cuci semua barang kotor ni sampai bersih. (mudahan aku dapat jaga periuk nasi aku dan geng geng aku for the next 10 tahun lagi he... he ...he....)

I think this was floating Island. It's a poached Meringue in vanilla mlik served with toffee sauce and white chocolate.

Who wouldn't like Chocolate Truffles.

Italian Meringue!!!

This was posted before. My few weeks stint at the hotel while still at college. I learned chocolate tampering. Fantastic.


If I can remember this was chocolate baileys cake and this Raspberry slabs mousse. I've forgoten what was it called. Sorry.


Souffles, Souffles... Classic French

Birthday Cakes too.

Wild berries Crumble with Ice cream. Apple tuiles on top.

Frangipane tart.

Apricot Delice. Rounded using white chocolate thin papper. It was an experiment. Now I wonder whether it actually went on to the dessert menus.

Brioche of chocolate chips and custard?

Crust salt baked Pineappale with Ice cream

Savarin with manggo and Vanilla Sabayon. Classic dish by the well known chef Brillat Savarin. This cake is rich in yeast it easy to absord syrup.

Brioche butter pudding. Playing around with Sugar work.


Petit fours.... amuse bouche...

Marshmalows, chocolate something and ice cream.

My beauty one. Melting Chcolate Fondant cake.

Panacotta, with almond buscuit.
Ive got alot more. I'll post again in due course. My pastry skills is getting rusty. It's ok, it doesn't bother me.
Have a good evening everyone.
Chef Pol

No comments: