Monday, April 27, 2009

[Foodie Charity event 2009]

hi guys...

It was absolutely fun Sunday yesterday. I sort of compete in the Foodie Bloogers Charity event held at Pablo's. My charity recipe of Seabass got 4th place after the vote. Yesterday was my 1st time ever gathering among our local bloggers. I got to meet Chef Nash, Pablo, Nikki, Maurina and some others. It was really not bad with good host and lots of food. (damn!)

Since I'm recovering from minor gout on my left foot, I refrained myself from indulging those lovely range of food. I was so tempted to try out AnakBrunei's dirty Lamb :). I just didn't have the balls to eat it and risk another gout attack! sia sia pun.
To be able to watch our brigade of local Chefs (head by Chef Nash) cooking demonstration was indeed a positive thing. Lets hope we will see more locals will come into the ranks. Keep it up guys.
With that I also like to mention here about the winning sweets by Nikki. Her Macaroon is just like any french made ones. Forget Ladure'e Ladure'e Macaroon. Make orders from her. Trust me :). You just don't get Srewpine leave (Pandan) Macaroon in France do you? I think I'm going to give another attempt making macaroon.
On positive note, It was a nice meeting you guys. Till then. Enjoy yourself
Regards,
Chef Pol

No comments: