Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Naughty but niceeee...

I'll definitely put this in my dessert menu. Flourless Chocolate cake. Use quality Chocolate and when baked properly, obviously you will get quality outcomes. I think I could count how many times that I've baked sweets. Chocolate is always on the menu because it's commercial. Everyone loves Chocolate.



To topped it of as perfect as you like, I used VALRHONA Chocolate. It's an expensive brand. You don't have to use this but try it once in a lifetime. Then you will get what i mean.



Below is a Salmon wrapped with rice paper with peanut miso dressing. Interesting.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chef. No recipe ke.. ^_^ Yep, Valrhona's the best! The white chocolate one is absolutely melt-in-your-mouth, too. I wish I could use this brand all the time but then again not everyone would appreciate it.. (or the price tag for that matter :D) btw, whole foods market? where are u at? I'd like to try your masakan.

Chef Pol said...

hi nikita...

I come from the country where people appreciate cheap, low cost, teramat sedap food. :) the "whole food market" was during my vacation at New york.
as a cook, be it a chef or pastry chef, of course it's hard to relate our passion with any other food lover. but remember we cook to impress ourself. and feed people haha.

flourless cake is easy... Eggs, Vanilla extract, Varlhona Chocolate, ground almond, demerara sugar (Dark). n thats it. sorry i dont do measurement :)

YAsmin: I miss you too..

nikkita said...

Oh my, I'd like to go to New York one day. And revisit Paris with a different eye. Do you cook at a restaurant? We really must try your food.

Oh yes, I find it a bit hard to feed people with desserts from the West.. Bruneians always say "it's too sweet, it's too sweet". I might just stick with bingka tawar and diabetic recipes in the future ^_^ Food education can be quite a daunting task especially when a person does it single-handedly I suppose... cos at then end of the day it can be about the cultural palate, and increasingly, health consiousness. Thank god for the cooking channel and Jamie Oliver! ^_^

Thanks for the ingredient list, ground almond sounds interesting with that.

I envy that you're a trained chef :) And quite enjoy reading about your travels. Keep it coming Chef!