Saturday, October 27, 2007

Rib eye of Beef

Today i actually was going to bank in some cash. Soon as I saw the long queue, I decided to take a detour and browsed into the supermarket. In the meat section I found this lovely rib eye steak. I couldn't resist and I guess I miss cooking. Speaking about self-indulgence, Im making a Rib eye of beef, mozarella of wild mushroom gratin and caramelise Lychees, JUST FOR MYSELF haha.

Rib Eye of Beef = (Delmonico steak) = [Scotch fillet (australia)]. The most expensive cut of beef. It's part of the ribs. Rib-eye steaks are very tender, well marbled with fat. (look at that white thin thread of fats). It' so juicy as it just melt like butter in the mouth.


I use oyster mushroom because it's light and delicate. The mushroom is Shitake Mushroom. It's heavy, full body and has that exotic smell.


I pan seared with Garlic and Fresh Rosmery herbs.



Baked in an oven and finished with caramelised Lychees. Lychees add this dish to the next level and it compliments that heavy cheese gratin in your mouth. This could one of my 'Dish of the year'.
Save the best for last...

Love,

Pol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU COOKED RIB EYE SAMPAI WELL DONE??????

crazy!

Chef Pol said...

awu... but it was still juicy and tender. i certainly had so much fun. nyamannnnnnnnnnnnn haha