Monday, January 15, 2007

Something has to be good.


Melting Chocolate Pudding

Originally uploaded by
mustanir.

Don't we all know about melted chocolate puddings? I can tell you right now how easy it was to make. Doesn't it look great? You can e-mail me if you'd like the recipe. The past few months for me have been based on doing just main courses, this time around, I'd like to concerntrate on making sweet puds and desserts.

I've yet to master our traditional malay "kueh", Kusoi. It's a wobbly steamed flour pudding with brown sugar and camphor (I wiki-ed it). I know my grandmother's the one for me to turn to. That's why I opted to make chocolate pudding instead because I was missing desserts from home. I'd like to thank Mustanir, the missus's best friend for taking photos with his camera for me.

Gorgonzola cheese, quite similar to bleu cheese with moulds (friendly bacteria. yummy!) I was quite intrigued by the Italian chefs by how they describe Gorgonzola cheese to be the best ripe cheese served in Italy. It has strong smell and most ideally used for desserts. I know what im really doing instead i did it for mains. Instead I use boullabaise stock, gorgonzola cheese, fresh plum tomatoes, onions and garlic. Just to add more flavour in contrast, I lined the side with my confit of baby onions, the rest of the side I placed roasted aurbergine topped with poached mussles. Lastly, of course, Fetuccine pasta that i got recently from Milan. Always use dry ones as it tends to give out more flavour and perfect texture.

I was happier with the results. Again its not too pretencious, simple, not curious and easy to tuck in. I probably shortlist this on to my menu. There's one problem though, where can i find Gorgonzola cheese in Brunei?

This Photo was again taken by Mustanir. Cheers Mate

No comments: