Monday, March 31, 2008

Last minute Request

Our 1st Yorkshire pudding.
Our supervisor text me last night about last minute catering order. They wanted roasted chicken, Beef Steak (awu..), Macaroni, potato wedges, coleslaw and fruits. As i knew most of them will be Mat Salleh, I substitute the wedges with Yorksire Pudding. I got reminded by Rbc as they were conducting cooking lesson and Yorkshire pudding is one of the menu. so Why not. I didn't inform the chefs until they came to me and start staring on this nice little piece pudding.


Minute Tenderloin Steak

I baked this Baklava last year. Im not sure if i've post it already. Im really craving for it. I couldn't find filo pastry at Supa Save. Maybe they have it at Guan hock lee. Will go there soon. This rich buttery pastry with pitstachio is one of the common Mediteranean desserts. It is so sweet. Simply melt in your mouth. One of my favourites.

It was ok but I could do better. Not bad for a 1st timer. I shall try doing it again once Ive get the filo. Im no Pastry Chef! Don't stay on one section, do change section Chefs.

Chef Pol'

5 comments:

Jorja Jiorujie said...

once you get the filo stuff, i want some baklava too! please! haha.

ninoZ said...

takde phyllo pastry...kulit popia pun jadik tauuuu..:D
[tp kene carik yg jenis sgt2 nipis ler..]

Chef Pol said...

Ok I will save some. Ninoz: i think theory kulit popia boleh but i doubt the texture n taste. :)

webmaster@akadnikah.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
webmaster@akadnikah.com said...

I had to delete my comment coz my english was "english kapal" hahaha

Ur Yorkshire pudding looks yummy...mengidam ku tarus. R u in Brunei? Bah buat kan :)

hehehe

Kim